City of Newark Hosts 2nd Annual NewBark PawLooza
City of Newark
November 3, 2016
Dog-friendly event highlights local vendors, rescue groups
Newark, DE – Dog owners are encouraged to grab a leash and their canine companions and head to Handloff Park this weekend for the second annual NewBark PawLooza. This free event, hosted by the City of Newark’s Park and Recreation Department, includes demonstrations, vendors and rescue groups, along with activities and fun contests. It runs from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, November 5, 2016.
The schedule of contests/events is as follows:
9:30 a.m. – Costume Contests (prettiest, scariest, funniest, most original)
10:30 a.m. – Tiny Tim (smallest dog) & Goliath (tallest dog)
11:00 a.m. – Rescue Runway (Rescue groups will showcase their adoptable dogs)
11:30 a.m. – Trick & Treat (Best Trick)
12:30 p.m. – Musical Sit
This is a dog-friendly event, but there are guidelines in place to keep the animals and other visitors safe and comfortable while attending:
– Owners should bring water for their dogs. There will be refill stations, but owners may want to provide a bowl for their dogs.
– Please give dogs time to adjust to the activities and excitement of the event. If it is a warm day, please use the shady areas to let dogs relax.
– Pets will not be permitted to wait in vehicles.
– All dogs should have secured collars or harnesses and non-retractable leashes that do not exceed 6 feet.
– All pets attending the event must be friendly and up-to-date on shots.
– Pets with questionable temperaments or stranger hesitance must have a yellow ribbon secured to their leash and may be asked to leave if they become aggressive at the event.
– Owners are responsible for picking up after their pets.
– Please be courteous of the vendors and do not block the spaces with pet visits.
– All pet owners are responsible for the actions of their pets.
– Please ask permission to touch or interact with any dog at the event.
The event is sponsored, in part, by Matt Slap Subaru, WXCY, and Blue Dog Bakery. Vendor applications are still being accepted. For additional, please call the Parks and Recreation office at 302-366-7000 or e-mail email@example.com.